Special discount code CLASSICS17 will save $5 off any race at Classics By The Sea, Saturday, December 9th at Jupiter’s Carlin Park.
This is the live link to our new PBRR Volunteer registration Site. You can select a timeslot and register to help us at Run 4 The Pies on Thanksgiving morning, or at the packet pickup happening Tuesday, Nov 21 or Wednesday, Nov 22.
We will post the link for Classics By The Sea volunteers shortly!
Here’s a great opportunity to see and run some of the course for December’s full and half marathons. It’s Sunday, Nov 5th, starting 5 am for 20 miles or 6 am for 12 miles. Water and Gatorade support every two miles, plus a NY Marathon watch party at E.R. Bradleys after the run.
RSVP to email@example.com by 9 am on Friday, November 3.
Join fellow runners and friends this Wednesday at Twisted Trunk, PGA Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens for our Fall Social. It begins at 6 pm. Dubbed “The Cold One,” we celebrate the oft-rumored first cool down in our seasonal weather. A PBRR social is a fun event! We don’t run on this Wednesday, we meet and discuss local races, celebrate recent performances by our athletes, and mingle together among friends. Twisted Trunk is extending their great Happy Hour prices for our group, and we will provide the appetizers. You don’t have to be a member to attend the social. We will be giving away door prizes via a raffle, the raffle tickets are provided free to all current PBRR members. When you learn who we are and what we do… maybe you’ll see why PBRR is for you!
We are the “Social Club With a Running Problem!”
See you on Wednesday!
There are some neat events surfacing for this year’s Palm Beach Marathon. Next Tuesday, Oct 3rd, from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm Jupiter Medical Center is hosting a cocktail reception and Grand Opening at their newest Urgent Care Center, located in WPB on the marathon course route. Free for all PBRR members, you need only RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 561-263-3712 before September 28th. See details above!
A few events were cancelled and some postponed as a result of Hurricane Irma.
- The final Jeff Annas 5k in Wellington was cancelled
- The Key Biscayne Triathlon Series Race #3 has been postponed, new date is Sun, Oct 15th
- The Glow Run 5k in Mirasol has been postponed, new date is Sat, Oct 14th.
- The St Jude’s 5k in downtown WPB is postponed, new date coming soon
- The Heart Walk, originally Sat, Sept 23 is postponed until Sat Nov 18th
- The Bill Bone/Lake Worth Triathlon was cancelled for 2017
Ouch! That’s a lot of events all shuffled up. So what events are coming soon?
- The KVJ 5k with Clematis by Night is Thu, Oct 5th at Waterfront Park, WPB Note – This race is at 7:00 pm (night)
- The POST Stronger Than Cancer 5k is Sat Oct 7th in Abacoa, Jupiter
- The Kijana 5k is Sat, Sept 30th in Freedom Park, Greenacres
- The Kidney Pump 5K Run/Walk is Sat, Sept 30th, Carlin Park, Jupiter
- Superhero 5K at John Prince Park is Sat, Oct 21 at John Prince Park
- The Phantom 5k and Kids 1 miler, Sat Oct 28th at Palm Beach Outlets
- Every Boob Counts 5K Run/Walk is Sat, Oct 28th, in John Prince Park, Lake Worth
- Wellington 10 Miler and Sebastian’s 5k is Sun, Oct 29th in Tiger Shark Cove Park, Wellington
- PAL Boca 1/2 Marathon and 5k is Sun, Nov 5th 3001 N. Ocean Ave, Boca Raton
- TK Gator Trail Run 5k, 5mile, Half Marathon – Sat, Nov 11 at Tanah Keeta Boy Scout Camp, Tequesta
(The private 50-acre section of Jonathan Dickenson State Park)
As we learn of new dates we will refresh our list…
Happy Racing to all of our PBRR members!